SAWO TIMBER – DESIGNED AND ENGINEERED FOR SAUNA
SAWO sauna timber is brought into New Zealand exclusively by SAUNA PEOPLE.
Benefits of SAWO Aspen and Cedar Sauna Timber:
- Remove the tendency of wood to want to cup or warp along grain lines by providing opposing grain lines to resist that action.
- The glue used between the laminations increases strength.
- Added flexibility reduces stress-cracking.
- Reduced incidence of knots and imperfections on the timber face.
- Better for the environment: Because of their composition, SAWO sauna timber can be manufactured from a variety of smaller trees harvested from second-growth forests and plantations. Also creates less waste timber.
All SAWO sauna claddings (including Spruce) feature:
- Long Tongue & Grooves avoid separation within the life-cycle of the sauna.
- Moisture Drain Channels allow for efficient drainage of any condensed vapour behind the cladding. This makes our timber also suitable for combi saunas (Sauna & Steam).